the kitchen space you have and how it is currently used
your future needs
To help you with answering the following questions, also look at the pros and cons table.
- How much can you afford to spend?
- What space do you have available?
- Do other people cook in the kitchen, if so what are their needs?
- Do you want to buy a cooker with a combined hob and oven, or are you going to buy a separate hob and oven?
- Do you want to buy a microwave, either as an addition to your existing appliances or in combination with a new hob or oven?
- Do you have a strong preference for gas, electric or electric (induction)?
- What power supplies are available at your home?
- What is your life experience of cooking appliances?
Don’t worry if you haven’t got answers to all of the above questions right now.
Read on and prepare to visit a store.
Last updated: January 2015