The LG F4J6JY1W has the following ease of use features:
1. Tactile features
- The machine has a dial, power button, and start/pause button. All other functions are on the touchpad.
- The dial for selecting programmes clicks into place.
2. Audio output
- The touchscreen buttons make audible tones when pressed.
- The machine will beep twice if you make an invalid selection.
- It makes an audible ringtone when it's powered on and off.
3. Visual contrast
- Each control had a dedicated LED. Programme names are lit by LEDs.
- There is an LCD digital display.
- The colour contrast is dark grey on white around the dial. The contrast on the digital display is poor (grey on black), but settings light up when selected.
- The font size around the dial and on the touchpad is small.
- The machine is turned on by pressing the power button. The programme is set by turning the dial. All other settings are accessed using the touchpad.
- It is started by pressing the start/pause button once.
- The buttons on the touchpad are small and close together.
- There are 14 programmes.
- The digital display shows the time remaining and the programme stage.
- The buttons make audible tones when pressed.
- The dial clicks into place.
- The programme settings and touchpad buttons all have corresponding LED lights.
- You can pause the cycle using the start/pause button.
- There are no auto-cleaning programmes or settings.
- The detergent tray is easy to remove and clean. The compartments are a reasonable size and easy to wipe down.
- The machine has NFC, which can diagnose problems when connected to an Android smartphone.
7. Smart features
- The LG F4J6JY1W has NFC (works only with Android devices) which allows the user to download LG's Cycle Download app to access extra programmes.
- This machine also has LG's Smart Diagnosis feature, which provides troubleshooting feedback and advice via the app.